Friday, December 2, 2011

I love this time of year.  I love our Holidays, Winter and Gingerbread units.  Maybe because it's Friday and I have a couple days to recover from the crazy day...but I almost wish we had more time for this season!  I had to post the CUTEST project that our kiddos are going to make for their families.  The idea is from Family Fun's most recent December issue.  These are my practice ones (my 3-year-old helped me make the Pom juice bottle snowman, so I figured if he can do this, so can my first graders!).  To prep the bottles, take off the label (I had to use nail polish remover to get rid of the printing on the Pom juice bottle), and cut the bottom off the bottle so that you can place it over a battery-operated tea light (I found some at the craft store 5 for $5).  Using a white glue and water mixture, you "paint" on white tissue paper squares onto your recycled bottle.  I used a glitter spray paint to paint the caps, although, you could just use the same decoupage technique with black tissue paper as you do with the white tissue for the body of the snowman.  I used orange tissue paper to make a nose, shaping it with a little help from the glue mixture, and sequins for the face and buttons.  I couldn't find small buttons in bulk at a reasonable cost fast enough at the craft store before my Littles starting losing it, but that would be super cute, too.  We'll be making these around December 14th, but I couldn't wait to post a pic of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment