Saturday, November 19, 2011

I LOVE this book! It's one of those books that I wish I had written. Ed, Ned and Ted are dust bunnies that like to rhyme words. Then, there's Bob. Bob doesn't rhyme. (Bob is actually warning them about impending doom from a broom and eventually a vacuum cleaner.) I read this book before our Friday "chunk" chart activity to get the class thinking about rhyming words and word families. We read it twice and the kiddos begged to read it again! Every week when we're generating all the words we can think of from a word family we have been focusing on, we inevitably have a few kiddos that change the last consonant or vowel sound to change the chunk. I love this book because the kids can identify when Bob doesn't rhyme. Definitely going to read this book over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment